Did you miss our webinar on Functional Safety and Model-based Design in November 2022? There is no recording of this webinar, but the presentation materials are available for download below.
The level of automation and even autonomy is increasing in industrial machines and devices. This development is also emphasizing the requirements of safety and functional safety. How do you ensure and enforce the safety of the personnel around the machines? What kind of methods and tools help in the implementation of functional safety? This webinar did not provide direct answers but hopefully gave some food for thought. The webinar showed how model-based design supports the implementation of functional safety. It also introduced the concept of model-based testing that can be utilized for example in the integration testing phase.
Everything starts by identifying risks and evaluating the risk level. This was covered shortly in the introduction part of the webinar.
The railroad industry has long traditions. Functional safety, and safety in general, has played an important role from the very beginning. Standards and legislation have been introduced early on. Many other industry sectors have been following the path of the railway when talking about safety. Therefore we were happy to have as our guest speaker Mr Mikko Pajakkala from EKE electronics. EKE Electronics designs and delivers control systems for trains and railway operations.
- Welcome – Karl-Kristian Högström, Gofore and Hemmo Liinanotko, Mathworks
- Introduction: What is risk, reliability and safety? – Jari Rauhamäki, Gofore
- Model-based Design Process for Safety Critical Applications – Magnus Jung, Mathworks
- Demo: Model-based Design Tools – Ville Matikainen, Gofore
- Model-based Testing – Tommi Ferm, Gofore
- Functional Safety in Trains – Mikko Pajakkala, EKE Electronics
Download the presentation materials by filling in the form below.