Gofore Plc is a digital transformation consultancy with over 1,400 impact-driven employees across Finland, Germany, Austria, Spain, Estonia and Italy. We care for our people, our customers, and the surrounding world. Our diverse group of experts shares a pioneering ambition to create a more humane, sustainable and ethical digital world. At Gofore we want to provide the best opportunities to develop and thrive, both at work and beyond. In 2023, our net sales amounted to EUR 189.2 million. Gofore Plc’s share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. in Finland.
We are looking for a DevSecOps engineer to help our customers succeed in building secure software.
Gofore’s cyber security journey began strongly and now we’re building for the future. Over the past few years, the cybersecurity business has stabilized and grown significantly, and we are now the cybersecurity partner for several large Finnish organizations. In our core team, we already have several professionals in technical and administrative information security, and we have several large customer projects underway. In this position, you get to ensure the digital resilience of many public administration, critical infrastructure and private sector organizations.
Together we build and secure truly meaningful and impactful services that affect the lives of everyone in Finland. Some examples of our clients include: Aimo Park, Labkotec, Cardiff University, Digital and Population Data Services Agency, VR, Valtra.
Read more about Gofore’s approach on DevSecOps by downloading our booklet.
What you’ll do
Your tasks will include engaging with our clients to understand their unique requirements. You collaborate closely with development teams on customer assignments.
As part of the development team, you will design and integrate DevSecOps practices seamlessly into the software development process, ensuring security is an integral part of the entire lifecycle of a digital product or service. You also support our clients in managing and maintaining information security requirements throughout the entire life cycle.
This includes, for example, implementing and optimizing security and security testing tools for CI/CD processes. In addition, you develop systematic implementation of security assessments, vulnerability scans and threat modeling to identify and mitigate potential risks.
You are responsible for ensuring adherence to security compliance standards and frameworks, and staying up-to-date with industry best practices and certifications. Additionally, you provide guidance and training to development teams on secure coding practices and integration of security into their processes.
Most projects are utilizing cloud platforms (mainly AWS and Azure), so at least a basic knowledge of cloud architecture, technologies and methodology is required. You understand how to build secure cloud environments and leverage solutions provided by these technologies for observation, monitoring, environment management, situational awareness, access and identity management, logging, and responding to and recovering from security incidents.
What we expect from you
- Consultative skills and solution-oriented attitude. Ability to work independently and good interaction skills, as you work in cooperation with customers and other colleagues.
- Prior experience in DevSecOps practices, methodologies and tools.
- Extensive knowledge and prior experience from software development and secure software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency in automation tools for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD), such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, or similar.
- Strong scripting and coding skills, with knowledge of languages like Python, Bash and PowerShell.
- Expertise in containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Basic knowledge of cloud environments and technologies, especially AWS and/or Azure.
- Understanding and the ability to apply security practices and standards, such as NIST CSF 2.0
Seen as advantage:
- Relevant certificates related to cloud security (e.g. Azure Security Engineer Associate, Microsoft Certified Cybersecurity Architect Expert, AWS Certified Security –specialty), DevSecOps, or cyber security in general are appreciated.
- Higher education degree in computer science, information security, or a related field.
What we offer
Expand your expertise: At Gofore, you will assume a challenging position and take on a wide variety of customer projects that will help you grow together with your colleagues. We listen carefully to your wishes and ambitions about what your work should entail and how you would like to develop your competence. In addition to challenging client projects, you can develop your competences for example by studying for certificates and participating in courses or different learning events.
Flexibility and community spirit in your daily life: At Gofore, work is characterised by freedom and flexibility. Your working hours can be agreed to suit your daily life, and you can work completely remotely from the comfort of your home. However, some customer assignments may require you to travel and your presence may be occasionally required in the client’s facilities. The community spirit of Goforeans also extends outside the workplace: you can join your colleagues in various leisure activities, such as sports clubs, boardgame nights and events for families.
Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits package makes your life more comfortable both during work and leisure. These benefits include for example:
- Certification bonuses and training opportunities (e.g. Udemy, OffSec)
- Lunch, exercise, commuter and bicycle benefits
- Work tools of your choice
- Sick child care benefit, you can also request paid leave when a family member gets sick
- Massage and dentist benefits
- Comprehensive occupational healthcare
- Share savings plan offered to all Goforeans
Salary development: For us it is important that Goforeans receive reasonable total compensation for their work. The compensation is the outcome of, not only experience and skills, but also active work for our two values: being a good workplace for everyone and considering customer perspective in everything we do. The feedback that you receive, your utilisation rate (we are consultants, after all!) and your own professional development are central in the salary discussions with your People Leader (i.e. supervisor).
In addition to the monthly salary, we have separate bonuses linked with the company’s success. Bonuses can be related to, for example, recruitment, sales or actions advancing Gofore’s employer brand.
Our recruitment process
Read here what happens when you send your application and how recruitment progresses here at Gofore.
We recognise and understand neurodiversity, and are willing to adapt our recruitment process based on your needs.