Inside information 14.6.2023

Inside information: Gofore wins new, significant agreement with Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland

Gofore Plc
Inside information
14 June 2023 at 3.45 p.m. EET

Inside information: Gofore wins new, significant agreement with Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland

Gofore has been chosen as supplier in a procurement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland regarding the Finnish visa system. Gofore took part in a restricted procedure frame agreement tender as subcontractor for Knowit. 

The total value of the project according to the customer is 70 million euros. Gofore estimates that some 75% of the total value and resource need is divided evenly between Gofore and Knowit. The remaining 25% is related to data center services provided by Knowit.Developing the Finnish visa system is a seven-year undertaking. The customer has no quantity purchase obligation. 

The procurement concerning the visa system covers the following services delivered in collaboration with Gofore and Knowit: further development services, maintenance and support services, managed services, potential transfer project of the system from data center to cloud service platform as well as cloud model based continuous services and other expert services. 

Gofore has partnered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland in the recent years on the Virtual Finland project that streamlines the settlement of foreign workforce and students in Finland. 

– Gofore’s objective is to help our customers in the most challenging and big changes. The visa system represents exactly this; a holistic development project, where e.g. cyber security expertise is emphasized. Together with our long-standing partner Knowit, we already have a functioning collaboration, which is important in such a challenging undertaking, says Gofore’s CEO Mikael Nylund

Gofore received the procurement decision today, 14 June 2023, and the decision is valid after the appeal period according to the Finnish procurement law.  


About Gofore Oyj

Gofore is an international digital transformation consultancy with Finnish roots. We have 1,400 impact-driven people in 19 locations across Finland, Germany, Austria, Spain, Estonia and Italy. With our technology and business expertise we build an equal digital society and create sustainable solutions for the intelligent industry. Our diverse group of professionals shares a pioneering ambition to create a more humane, sustainable and ethical digital world. Our values guide our business: Gofore is a great workplace that thrives on customer success. In 2022, our net sales amounted to EUR 149.9 million. Gofore Plc’s share is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. in Finland. Our vision is to be the most significant digital transformation consultancy in Europe. Learn to know us better at

Subscribe to Gofore releases

Want to hear our news first hand? Subscribe to our stock exchange releases and press releases!

Subscribe to releases

Back to top