It’s time for balloons, discos and donuts – Vappu is here!
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic big traditional happenings are on hold. However, Goforeans wanted to share happy and family-friendly ideas for remote and #Stayhome parties.
Top 10 Vappu tips
- The more balloons and streamers you have the more festival the atmosphere rises*
- Don’t forget to invite guests! Organising remote fancy vappu dinner with friends or family is easier than ever: buy similar takeaways for guests and have a quality dinner over a video call
- Stick with the traditions: brew sima and bake “munkkeja” (a type of Finnish donut)
- Also, if you prefer spending time by chilling instead of baking, don’t hesitate to support your local bakery. Most likely they even have home delivery options
- This year you can be goofing around with various vappu garments without losing them all over the city
- Taking part in the concerts is now easier than ever: you can lay on your coach, drink your favourite beverage and watch the gigs on YouTube or on Facebook
- There are many options also for kids: enjoy Live Facebook children’s concert or a remote vappu disco. Check out this for example Lasten Vappufestivaali Livestream
- Start the BBQ season – The new philosophy of grilling is that everything can be grilled
- Remember also outdoor activities such as Mölkky
- Have a picnic on a balcony and instead of disposable tableware use the house silver. Also, enjoy the fact you don’t need to stress about finding the toilet.
Stay safe and have fun – celebrate Vappu from your home this year!
*remember the recycling, you can find comprehensive tips here.